Business English 商用英語 >> Dialogue B >>  S: Sharon R: Rodney

Sharon returns a few moments later to show Rodney the complaint.

過了一會兒,雪倫帶著顧客投訴信回來給羅德尼看。

 

S: So, what happened? Why did she write this complaint?

    雪倫:所以,發生了什麼事?她為什麼會寫這份投訴?

 

R: First, she was in a bad mood from the start. I told her she needed the receipt to prove she bought the television at our store.

    羅德尼:首先,她一開始就心情不好。我告訴她她需要收據來證明她是在我們的店面購買那臺電視。

 

S: Did she have any documents for the item? A warranty or anything like that?

    雪倫:她有任何文件嗎?保固書之類的?


R: No. Nothing at all. She didn't even have the TV in its packaging.

      羅德尼:不。什麼都沒有。她甚至沒有把電視裝在它的包裝裡。

      She kept saying that she bought it before Christmas.

      她一直說她是在聖誕節前買的。

 

S: Did you try to explain our policy? on returns and exchanges?

    雪倫:你有沒有試著解釋我們對於退換貨的規定?

R: Yes, of course! And I never told her to leave the store.

     羅德尼:當然有!還有,我從來沒有叫她離開店。

     I advised her to find a receipt or warranty information, then come back to the store.

    我建議她去找收據或是保固資訊,然後再回我們店裡。

 

S: Is it true that you never raised your voice?
    雪倫:你真的沒有提高音量嗎?

R: OK. To be honest, I did raise my voice a bit. She was being very unreasonable and making a scene (=cause a scene).
     羅德尼:好吧。老實說,我的確有稍微提高量她當時非常不可理喻而且在大吵大鬧
     I was trying to be civil when she started yelling.
     她開始吼叫時,我仍試圖客氣地對待她。

 

S: Despite the circumstances, I cannot allow my employees to yell at customers, even if they are being difficult.

     雪倫:雖然情況是這樣,我還是不能允許我的員工對客人大小聲,就算客人表現得無理取鬧也一樣。

 

R: I understand. I'm sorry for the way l behaved?

     羅德尼:我了解了。我為我的行為感到抱歉。


S: Thank you for your honesty.
    雪倫:我很感謝你的誠實。

     I recognize that this was a tough situation, but I am still going to suspend you from working at the information desk for a few weeks.
    我知道這是個艱難的情境,但我還是要暫時停止你在服務臺的工作幾個禮拜。

 

R: Seriously?
    羅德尼:真的假的?

單字片語 Extra Words & Phrases

1. in a bad / good mood 心情不好/心情好

◆ Alice must be in a good mood because she has been smiling all day.

    艾莉絲心情一定很好,因為一整天都笑容滿面。

2. policy n.制度·方針

◆ This company has a no-smoking policy.

    這家公司有一項禁制度。

3. advise  vt.建議

◆ I would advise you to take an umbrella with you. It might rain today.

    我建議你帶一把雨傘。今天可能會下雨。

4. make a scene 大吵大鬧,製造事端 = cause a scene 

◆ The little boy made a scene because his mother wouldn't buy the toy he wanted.

    那個小男孩因為媽媽不肯買他要的玩具而大吵大鬧。

5. civil      a.客氣的,有礼貌的

◆ As a clerk, Anna is always very civil and polite with her customers.

    身為一個店員,安娜對她的客人總是非常客氣有禮。

6. yell       vi.叫喊,吼叫

◆ Arthur yelled in pain when he accidentally hit his head against the door.

    亞瑟不小心頭撞到門,因而痛得大叫出聲。

7. behave  vi. (言行舉止)表現

◆ Although Tom is an adult, he still behaves like a child sometimes.

     雖然湯姆是一個成年人,他有時還是表現得像一個孩子。

8. honesty  n.誠實

◆ Honesty is the best policy in most situations.

     在多數情況下,誠實都是上策。

◆ Fair or Unfair, Honesty Is the Best Policy.
     公平與否,誠實為上

 

補充詞彙 Extra Words & Phrases

document       n.文件

warranty         n.(產品的)保證書

packaging       n.包装

unreasonable  a.不可理喻的

circumstance  n.情況(常用複数) / circum n. 圓周,周圍 / stance n.態度立場 

suspend          vt.使停:使暫時停止

-----------------------------------------------------

You Can Do This

請依句意在空格內填入適當的字詞

1. 要求客人進店前脱鞋是這家餐廳的規定。

◆ It's the restaurant's ___  to ask the customers to take off their shoes before entering.

2. 吉姆的媽媽建議他穿上外套。

◆ Jim's mother ___  him to put on a jacket.

3. 在試著解決問題時,記得保持客氣的態度。

◆Try to stay ___  when you're trying to solve a problem.

英文試金石

-----------------------------------------------------

You Can Do This 答案
1. policy 2. advised 3. civil

 

arrow
arrow
    文章標籤
    商用英語 溝通表達
    全站熱搜
    創作者介紹
    創作者 LadyLee 的頭像
    LadyLee

    LadyLee的學習筆記小行星

    LadyLee 發表在 痞客邦 留言(0) 人氣()