Business English 商用英語 >> Dialogue A >> S: Sharon R: Rodney
Sharon, a manager, is talking with Rodney, one of her employees, about a customer complaint.
雪倫是一位主管,她正在和一位員工羅德尼討論關於一位客人的投訴。
S: Rodney, I need to speak with you about your attitude at work today.
雪倫:羅德尼,我需要和你討論一下你今天的工作態度。
R: Sure. What's up?
羅德尼:當然好。怎麼了?
S: A customer made an official complaint with the office about your behavior.
雪倫:今天有一位客人向我們的辦公室針對你的行為提出投訴。
R: My behavior? What do you mean? I've been helping customers all day.
羅德尼:我的行為?你是指什麼呢?我一整天都在協助客人
S: Well, one customer said that you were rude to her when she was asking for information.
雪倫:嗯,有一位客人說你在她詢問資訊時對她很沒禮貌。
R: Wait. I think I remember her. Was she trying to return a product?
羅德尼:等等。我想記得她。她是不是想要退回一個產品?
S: Yes, she said that she came in around 2:00 p.m. and asked for help in exchanging a product.
雪倫:是的,她說她大概在下午兩點左右進店裡並尋求協助换貨。
She said you refused to help her and that your attitude was extremely unprofessional.
她說你拒絕幫助她,還說你的態度非常不專業。
R: Hold on. We were really busy at 2:00.
I was on the phone with another customer when she approached the information desk.
I only made her wait a few minutes while I finished the call.
羅德尼:慢著。我們在兩點時非常忙碌。
她走近服務時,我正在和另一位客人講電話。
我只請她在我講完電話前等幾分鐘。
S: I understand, and I know you've been working hard, but you shouldn't be impolite lite to customers.
雪倫:我了解,我也知道你很努力工作,但你不該對客人沒禮貌。
R: But I was polite. She was just angry because I told her she couldn't return the merchandise without a receipt.
羅德尼:可是我是有禮貌的。她只是因為我告訴她沒有收據不能退貨而生氣而已。
S: Well, her official complaint says that you raised your voice and told her to leave the store.
雪倫:噢,她的正式投訴說你提高音量,還叫她離開店面。
R: There must have been some mistake. Can you show me the full complaint?
羅德尼:一定出了某種誤會。我可以看看完整的投訴嗎?
-----------
單字片語 Words & Phrases
1. complaint n.投訴;抱怨 / make a complaint 投訴
◆ Amy made a complaint to the police about the noise her neighbors were making last night.
艾咪向警方投訴她的鄰居昨晚製造的噪音
2. attitude n.態度
◆ Josh has a friendly attitude that makes him very easy to work with.
喬許友善的態度使得他很好共事。
3. rude a.無禮的,粗魯的
◆ Tim was scolded because he was being very rude to his teacher.
提姆被斥責了一頓,因為他對老師非常沒禮貌
* scold vt.責罵 / scold, scolded = tell off 責備,斥責
4. information n.資訊(不可數)
◆ You shouldn't give out your personal information to strangers online.
你不應該把你的個資透露給網路上的陌生人。
5. exchange vt.&n.換貨,更換
◆ I want to exchange this pair of shoes for a larger size.
我想要把這雙鞋換成一個大一點的尺碼。
6. approach vt.接近,靠近
◆ Donna approached the dog slowly so as not to scare it.
唐娜緩慢地接近那隻狗以免嚇到牠
7. impolite a.無禮的
◆ It's impolite to chew with your mouth open.
嘴巴大開地咀嚼是沒禮貌的。
*chew vi.咀嚼
8. raise one's voice 某人提高聲音(通常帶有怒氣)
◆ Sarah felt hurt because her teacher raised his voice with her for no reason.
莎拉因為老師無緣無故大聲對待她而感到受傷。
補充詞彙 Extra Words & Phrases
◆ behavior n.行為・舉止
◆ unprofessional a.不專業的
◆ merchandise n. 商品(集合名詞·不可數)
-----------
You Can Do This
1. rude 2. information 3. approach
-----------